My Gud friends had come home for dinner and I was just wondering what dessert to make and then landed up making custard, everyone’s favourite. The cream and the beautiful baby pink colour one above the other is really appealing to see and the combination of vanilla and strawberry is always a hit…
Vanilla custard powder – 3 tablespoons
Strawberry custard powder – 3 tablespoons
For the vanilla custard
- Boil 500 ml milk in a heavy bottom saucepan.
- Make a paste by adding 2tbsp of milk to the custard powder.
- Simmer the milk and add the custard paste to the milk stirring continuously while adding it.
- Boil till custard thickens for about 2 mins.
- Pour it as the bottom layer in a glass bowl or individual icecream bowls and allow it to set at room temp for half an hour.
For the strawberry custard
Follow the same method but substitute strawberry paste instead of vanilla.
Add it as the top layer and allow to set.
Refrigerate it for about 3hrs and serve it chilled.